Market Precognition

The goal of this blog is to PRE-RECOGNIZE next several moves in the market
I focus on trading the S&P emini futures and T-notes futures.
A loyal reader will begin to understand the themes, memes, and sentiment that leads the market.

email me
Johnny Hom

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

QUESTIONS - 7/18/07

Is it better to bet ALL IN at one price point?
Or to scale in with a delta hedge method?

How do I deal with the problem of not extracting MAXIMUM VALUE?

Should I take partial profits?

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lloyd Sakazaki said…

    Hi Johnny: I tend to put it all into a single price point, not because I have clairvoyance but simply because doing so minimizes frictional costs for trades small relative to market volume--and frictional costs, however insignificant they might seem compared to market volatility, are the sole factor that I DO have control over. In a probabilistic sense, a series of N single-price-point trades is equivalent to a single N-price-point execution, assuming market conditions in a well-defined regime, so that either way any "edge" you've got ought to shine through. --Lloyd
    P.S. Still in Bellevue? Let's catch up some time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home