Market Precognition

The goal of this blog is to PRE-RECOGNIZE next several moves in the market
I focus on trading the S&P emini futures and T-notes futures.
A loyal reader will begin to understand the themes, memes, and sentiment that leads the market.

email me
Johnny Hom

Tuesday, February 13, 2007



Feb. 13, 2007

Alcoa takeover bid caused the market to look unusually strong this morning. I had a target to short at least 5 pts above lows, i.e. 1440. But thank G-D, I didn't!

Instead, I shorted 1442, figuring in this market a retracement was likely. Also, we had a signal 2, so a some sort of re-test was the call. The market quickly ran up to 1445. I knew I was toast. The news was a take-out bid for Alcoa. Big stuff.

So when it re-tested 1442, I pulled up my bid from 1440, and covered it at 1442.25 for a 1 tick loss. My 1430 puts were showing a nice profit, and my bad trade was simply a distraction.

The market then went to print a high of 1447!

My expectation is that we'll return to the S1 regime sure enough, and that I'll be able to bleed the puts a bit more. My target is 1450.

We'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home