Market Precognition

The goal of this blog is to PRE-RECOGNIZE next several moves in the market
I focus on trading the S&P emini futures and T-notes futures.
A loyal reader will begin to understand the themes, memes, and sentiment that leads the market.

email me
Johnny Hom

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Quote from Stevie Cohen?

In his Hedge Fund Masters book, Dr. Ari Kiev has a number of supposed
real dialogues from real traders. Of course, he uses pseudonyms. But this
quote sounds like its from Steve Cohen himself way back in the early days
when he went from $20mm in 1992 to his current $12bn.

"The absolute number is high (his profit goal). At the end of the day, if
I have accumulated thirty to fifty million dollars, by the time I am
forty, I can be running a billion-dollar fund. If I have a 40% year, I
will become wealthy beyond my wildest dreams. It pays not to get too
obsessive about the specific amounts each year...

Next year will be a better year...If I can keep looking forward, I can
keep pushing through. It is high performance. It is not a straight line.
You have the joys of winning. You also have the emotional downside. This
is what it takes to compete at this level."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home